|Square in the middle. How did that happen??|
I have more or less maintained my 100+ weight loss for a year now, which is a big milestone for me. I still struggle from time to time, but overall I keep myself in the vicinity.
Since I reached the weight that I wanted to be, my goals have been to have leaner muscles and become stronger, but I have not been consistent and I have not buckled down.
I'm not going to lie and say I have been doing everything right because I have not, and it shows. So what better time to start than now for the beginning of 2014.
I had a discussion about nutrition and workouts with Ketsy, my trainer. I was honest on what I what I have been doing, and what I have NOT been doing. I don't even try to lie to her because this woman knows when she is being told a lie - besides if I were to lie, I would only be fooling myself.
Ketsy took my measurements and it seems that somehow I am SQUARE in the middle. How did that happen??? I guess that is how I'm built, but it doesn't mean that it cannot change with some work.
So this is what I will be focusing on. She tweaked my nutrition by mostly adding more greens and proteins and cutting sugar (anything white) and eating less fruits. Now, let me clarify this--- I am NOT saying fruits are not good for you, but for what I want to do, and because I am prone to diabetes, this is the best method for ME.
I have my work cut out for me, but it can be done. I will try be determined, consistent, patient and focus.
I was reviewing my other goals that I had for 2013, and unfortunately I was not able to accomplish some of them, but to my credit I accomplished some goals that were not even on my list. I was able to be Certified as a Spinning Instructor, and as a Zumba Instructor. I got qualified on CPR/AED. I am proud of these accomplishments even if I don't get to teach on a regular basis. The way I see it--I went from column A to column B - a big leap from a girl that used to be 238 pounds.
Regarding my other goals that were not accomplished, I will just forward them to this year and work on them. My goals do not have an expiration date.
- Continue with my health journey (sensible eating and exercise) - less over indulgence.
- Try to run a 5K or higher for each month of
2013.2014 to train towards my 1/2 marathon
- Become stronger (work on having leaner muscles).
- Run my first half marathon in October.
- Become a Notary Public-For no particular reason. I always wanted to be one.
- Advanced personal and physical training.
- Help people become healthier by sharing both of my journeys and experience.
- Continue my advocacy on cervical cancer
- Enjoy my hubby and life overall. I get wrapped up on my every day life that I forget to be grateful sometimes for what I have in front of me.
- Be more consistent writing on my blogs.
- Try not to skip my Yoga classes - They keep me centered (mentally and physically)
I won't be hard on myself if I can't accomplish all of the above goals, there is always more time ahead.
I want to take a moment and wish you ALL blessings and much Health for the New Year. Lets make 2014 be our year to conquer all of our dreams and goals.
Happy New Year!!!!!